Surgical Co-Management & Emergency Eye Care
LASIK Surgery is a refractive eye surgery that reduce or eliminates dependence on prescription eyeglasses and/or contact lenses. During a LASIK procedure, the cornea is reshaped by laser energy to adjust how the eye focuses, flattening the cornea, steepening the curve of the cornea, or smoothing irregularities.
If you have been wondering whether laser corrective eye surgery is an option for you, consult our experienced optometrists. The process starts with a comprehensive eye exam which includes a LASIK consultation. After checking the health of your eyes and other factors, we will determine if you are a candidate for LASIK surgery. If you are, we will then refer you to a LASIK institute in the Yorkville area and work closely with them to ensure a safe, successful procedure.
EMERGENCY EYE CARE
- Eye infections like Red Eye (expanded blood vessels due to irritation or infection), Pink Eye (“conjunctivitis” causes redness and swelling of the mucous membrane lining the surface of the eye and eyelid)
- Seasonal and perennial allergies (from pollen, perfume, dust, pet dander and many other common irritants)
- Dry Eye Syndrome (lack of moisture, sometimes creating excessively teary eyes or constant need for lubricating eye drops), and contact lens issues (damaged or ill-fitting lens)
- Foreign body removal or other physical eye injury
- Eye flashes (typically caused by viterous gel shrinking, pulling on the retina) or “floaters” (black spots or strings in your field of vision) Suddenly seeing new floaters and/or repeated flashes could mean your retina has detached, a very serious condition that must be treated immediately to prevent blindness.
- Any perceived loss of vision
We're open 7 days a week!